Isn’t it frustrating to wake up on a day, feeling stressed and so not ready to face the world? Now, what if I tell you that you can create a habit to start your day right, each day, forever?
All you need is 10 minutes per day.
Get Ready to be Primed
Primed? Yup. Primed. This term is coined by the Great Tony Robbins: “If you want to have a prime life, you need to be in a prime state”. In a nutshell, priming is a ritual to get you in a positive state. It is a form of conditioning the mind to simply be in a better state when you wake up.
Tony has conditioned his mind to be grateful every day for the things in his life. I Promise you, it’s a maximum of 10-minute daily routine.
What does Robbins do?!
Robbins’ ritual is encompassed in a daily meditation exercise lasting 10 to 30 minutes, and I’m pretty sure you can spare ten minutes per day, which is not more than 0.7% of your daily minutes. Can’t you? Having a sandwich prepared would take more!
My daily routine is a combination of mind and body exercises split in two-minute increments. I have been doing it for the last 10 months, and I have to tell you: Boy it feels good!
I hereby share with you the steps I take to get primed through the 10-minute daily routine that I’ve started:
- Keep your priming sessions to 10 minutes initially. Being committed to that time every day will then permit you to extend the priming a couple of minutes in the future.
- Split your ten minutes into increments of exercises focused on the mind and the body.
- Find a comfortable and quiet place, mostly cozy! (If you live in the city, you could use earplugs to cut out the noise around you). Close your eyes, and for the next 2 minutes, feel grateful about the things you have in life (health, relationship, friends, family, etc.). Focus on the positive things in your life, and weed out all your problems. For just 2 minutes, be thankful for what you have, no matter how hard life is on you.
- Continue keeping your eyes closed and visualize the future. What you want to achieve? Where you want to be? Float to that place. Live that moment as if you are there. “Where focus goes, energy flows” as Tony says.
- The next 2 minutes are all about creating an internal connection with your emotions, veins and internal organs. Listen to what your body is telling you, feel the internal sensation and float inside yourself. Enjoy the ride. It’s only 2 minutes.
- For the next 2 minutes, you need to start changing your physiology. This includes any physical light exercise that increases your metabolism, such as light jogging, stretching, jumping jacks, etc.
- Finally, the last 2 minutes are all about conditioning your breathing pattern. Inhale from your nose and exhale from your mouth, while closing your eyes. Feel your chest rise on each inhale, and your stomach contract on each exhale.As you become more primed, start extending the 10-minute routine to 15 minutes and enjoy each exercise.
- The final golden rule: Wherever you are and whatever you are feeling, don’t miss priming.
P.S: Pure enjoyment has made me extend it to 15 minutes per day
Since I started doing this routine the outcome has been remarkable: I have become more productive at work, more active socially, more creative and more willing to take risks. I have become more focused on reaching my goals in life and in business. In addition to working as an Insurance consultant, I recently started my own restaurant, and launched my own blog about entrepreneurship.
Because of priming, I am now perfectly conditioned to work, love, sport, travel, and sleep, more productively, all because of this simple 10-minute daily routine.
Priming is a tested way to form a habit that will help you condition your mind, physiology, and emotions, to be better prepared for any day. All you need is to stick with the routine for the next 6 months and voila! Life changing!”.