Want some inspirations in how to do proper brand marketing for your small business via videos? Learn from Air New Zealand, NZ’s national airline and flag carrier.
Their reputation is world-known – it’s probably due to their infamous, far-from-boring flight safety videos, worth talking on socialsphere.
If you are not sure about what I am talking about, I recommend you to view these videos and decide yourself whether they deserve Air New Zealand’s YouTube Channel‘s 13,000+ subscribers and 23,000,000+ video views or not…
1. Bare Essentials of Safety
Okay – this is probably the most controversial of all in-flight air travel safety guides, even by Air New Zealand’s standard (it’s quite popular too, on YouTube!)
Why? Because the pilots and flight attendants on this video guide are all body painted – both men and women. ’nuff said.
2. Fit to Fly
I wish flight safety is presented in this kind of way – imagine watching this as on the airplane, replacing the important but boring safety demonstration.
This fun Air New Zealand flight safety video features Richard Simmons, American actor and fitness personality known for his interesting personality. The “Fit to Fly” campaign is to raise awareness of getting fit during flight – as well as the regulars: How to fasten the seat belts and other safety measures.
3. All Blacks 777-200 Safety Video
Beware – hunks on air!
Other than the sceneries, New Zealand is well-known for All Blacks – the legendary world-class rugby team (rugby is NZ’ national sport.) This Air New Zealand flight safety video features flight safety information presented by the team members themselves.
4. An Unexpected Briefing
Are you a big fan of The Lords of the Rings? Well, if you are not familiar with the trilogy, at least you must watch The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, yet another Sir Peter Jackson movie adopted from J.R.R. Tolkien’s work, premiere on December 12, 2012 and nominated for 3 Oscars.
Air New Zealand, cross-promotes with The Hobbit, released the video on October 2012. The flight safety commercial is presented in a humorous way, with all the characters are those appear on The Hobbit. Even Sir Peter Jackson himself appears as cameo in the video.
Okay – I can’t deny it; “The Airline of Middle-Earth” is simply a great tag line for the ad campaign. But the flight safety video guide, from start to finish, is a work of art – especially if you are a fan of J.R.R. Tolkien, Sir Peter Jackson, and their works.
5. The Bear Essentials of Safety
Ever watched Man vs. Wild TV series? They are presented by Bear Grylls – a well-known British adventurer, writer and TV presenter.
This video here is the latest Air New Zealand’s safety video with a theme on outdoor adventure, featuring Bear Grylls.
More funny flight safety videos
Of course, Air New Zealand is not the only airline which does interesting in-flight safety briefing videos. Airlines and flight attendants worldwide are starting to do different things to grab passengers attention. Want a list? Here it is:
Let’s just allow those videos to do the talking: All are well-crafted; all are interesting, hilarious and quirky – far from boring.
And if someone told you that business video can’t be fun, don’t listen to him – commercial? What commercial? Air New Zealand’s cool videos are actually safety videos!
Want to run video marketing campaigns that work? Here are some tips based on the flight safety video campaigns:
- Do things differently: Just be honest with me – how many of you who are really pay attention to flight safety demonstrations? If you want to grab your customers’ and prospects’ attention, stop doing been-there-done-that things – they are BORING!
- Get endorsed: Bear Grylls, Richard Simmons, All Blacks, The Hobbit… attaching your campaigns with famous people, sports teams or movies will let your business riding on their popularity.
- Partner with great agencies: Video commercials’ quality is highly related to the talented people you are working with in your projects. Don’t skimp on your video creation.
- Get buzzed on social media: Naturally, building a strong community of evangelists can only do good for your brand and sales.
- Stop telling yourself “this is not how we normally do things”: Think outside the box, get out of your comfort zone, and just do it.
So, are you ready to run a small business brand marketing campaign that rocks?